Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Midterm Reflections

With midterm coming up, I've found that it is quite hard to reflect on everything we've done in TCF 312 so far. Condensing a class that struggles to fit into a full semester into one short month is... intense to say the least. We've had so much information packed into our brains since day one, that I'm just now starting to sort it out. From camera specs to framing and composition to lighting, we've covered a ton in a few short weeks.

What has stuck with me the most so far is learning new cameras. I came into the class with a decent amount of knowledge about DSLRs, but I was completely new to most of the other cameras we were introduced to. I realized that I need to be well-versed with a variety of cameras if I want to be successful in the real world. Obviously, not everyone uses a 7D or 5D to make movies.

I'm really looking forward to the material that we still have left to learn over the remainder of the semester. The great thing about studying film is that everything builds on itself, so it's really fun to start seeing things come together.

Going into our final few assignments, I'm hoping to be able to put everything I've learned into practice. Although I'm slightly stressed about the amount of work coming up, it's still very exciting, so I'm going to take that excitement and run with it -- hoping I don't face-place into a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment